Test your skills
Is it necessary to disable my IP (Internet Protocol) when I’m using broadband or wireless connection? If yes why?
When using a broadband or wireless home network, it automatically assigns an IP to any device coming into range of wireless or connected with the hub. It seems very convenient to just connect a device then use internet and access the network. But in some situations It can be a security risk, so to avoid any unauthorized access to your network, one precaution is to disable your automatic IP settings and manually assign IP to a device connecting to your network.
So if You want extra protaction then do this.
To check your IP settings follow the below given instructions
· In your PC go to Run and write ipconfig/all and hit enter
· It will show your current IP address and other details.
To configure a computer on a network device, follow the below given instructions
Attach the device with the computer.
· In control panel of your computer go to network connections.
· Go to properties and the go to properties of Internet protocol.
· There enter the IP address, Default gateway, sub net mask and DNs servers
Now your computer is ready to be used on a network device.