N/APosted on - 03/30/2015
I am having trouble connecting to my modem and I have tried restarting both the modem and my laptop. However, every few minutes I lose connection. I don't know what else to troubleshoot as I'm unsure if it is the modem or my laptop. Neither one are new and I just starting having this issue a day ago. Thank you for any advice.
Issues with laptop connecting to modem
In continuous drops of your internet connection let us both check your laptop and modem. Here are some ways to resolve your problem.
1. Reset your modem. Unplug your modem’s connection in the main line whether if it’s coaxial or phone connector.
2. Unplug your modem’s power cord for 20-30 seconds and plug it back in.
3. Your modem will show you blinking lights. It might take 30 seconds to 1 minute to complete the reset cycle.
Let’s check your laptop now.
1. Check the RJ-45 port if it’s showing you blinking green light or with orange light.
2. Unplug and re-plug the connection.
3. Update your software and hardware driver to avoid any drops in your connection. Right click in My Computer / Computer >>> Select Manage >>> Select Device Manager >>> look for Network Adapters >>> Right click and select Update Driver software. Restart your system.
4. Once your system completed the reboot process check again the icon in your task bar. Right click in My Computer / Computer >>> Select Manage >>> Select Device Manager >>> right click for Network Adapters and select Disable. After few seconds same steps and select Enable.