N/APosted on - 05/10/2012
I have been using the services of Hotmail via Microsoft Outlook 2007 and 2010 edition for a long time without any issue. But recently I have lost my data for the last two weeks.
Re-installing the Outlook also didn't work as suggested by my friends. I have also done the re-configuration but nothing happens. Kindly see below error message.
(Task '*** Email address is removed for privacy ***' reported error (0x80004005): 'There is an error synchronizing your mail account. Please verify your account is configured correctly by first gaining access your mail on the web. Error: 4202. ').
I would like to seek your expertise to help me with my concern and restore my lost data.
Issue with Synchronization of Hotmail with Microsoft Outlook 2007 and 2010
This error occurs when the Microsoft Outlook Connector accounts Junk/Blocked server lists has an inappropriate address. Here are the steps to follow:
1. You may open the Microsoft Outlook profile that has the Outlook Hotmail Connector account.
2. After opening you click the Inbox folder for the Outlook Hotmail Connector account.
3. Look for the Explorer ribbon Home tab, click the Junk menu, and then select Junk Email Options.
4. Check the address lists for both the Blocked Senders and Safe Senders tabs.
5. Look for addresses that have invalid characters such ! # $ % * / ? ^ ` ~ _
6. Once you have found addresses with invalid characters remove them.
7. In order for you to save the changes in the Junk Email options you have to click Apply, and then click OK.
8. After applying the changes click the send/Receive folder on the send/receive tab or press F9 on the keyboard to send the list of changes to the server.
After doing all the steps the error should no longer appear. You can also check this link if you have further questions: