N/APosted on - 10/05/2013
I am disturbed here with an issue with my iPhoto library manager. I have a particular library that won’t open at all. It pops up a message shown in the image below. How can the compatibility issue arise when the library was also created on iPhoto?
iPhoto is unable to open this library
The library is not compatible with iPhoto
iPhoto error while opening a library
There are several things you can try:
1. Back up the library and try to rebuild it. Hold down the Command and Option keys while launching iPhoto and rebuild using the dialog that appears. From Automatic backup, choose Rebuild iPhoto Library Database.
2. Download iPhoto Library Manager (http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/iplm/) and use this to rebuild. A new library will be created from the data in the albumdata.xml file. It will not iclude slideshows, books or calendars but albums and keywords should be rebuilt. This function creates a new library without affecting the old one, so you can still use the old one too.
3. If this happened after an update, do the following:
– search for the iPhoto Library in the Picture Folder. Right-click on the library and choose "Show package contents".
– open the Database folder.
– Right-click on the DataModelVersion.plist and choose Open with -> Other -> TextEdit.app.
– Check the iPhotoLibrary value in the document. Change the value from "false" to "true".