N/APosted on - 11/12/2013
I have a laptop and an iPhone and I use both of them for internet connection. I have a Wi-Fi at home using a router TP-Link TD-W8960N. The iPhone is not picking the Wi-Fi signal and I don’t know why. Has someone else experienced such a problem and how did you fix it?
IPhone 4S has a problem with Wi-Fi Signal
First of all, you need to ensure of the following:
1. Your iPhone should be in range with your router. It needs to be in a place near the router's access points.
2. The Wi-Fi settings on your iPhone should be enabled. Tap Settings and then go to Wi-Fi option. Make sure that you turn the slider to the right to enable the Wi-Fi.
3. Your router or modem are on and can be able to connect to the internet. If you are having issues with the connection, contact your provider.
4. Restart both your iPhone and your router. Then search for the SSID or your connection's name where you want to connect. Tap Forget this Network option. Connect again and enter the authentication key if there is any.
5. Update your firmware or your devices.