N/APosted on - 10/18/2011
I want my Exchange Server 2007 integrate with MS Outlook 2007, to enhance my security on sending and receiving emails.
What are the step by step procedure on integrating Exchange to Outlook 2007?
And also, can I integrate the two with Google Apps?
Integrating Exchange Server 2007 to MS Outlook 2007
Hi James Oneal,
Before you start the step by step procedure on integrating Exchange to Outlook 2007, the account you will apply must be designated the Administrator Role Exchange Server and memberships in the local administrator group for the direct server.
Try to follow these procedures in Integrating Exchange to Outlook 2007
You have to find first the virtual directory you want to assemble and utilize the Integrated Windows Authentication.
And do the following if you're Operating the Mailbox Server Role on your pc:
a. To Alter an Exchange in Virtual directory, choose the Server configuration > Client Access and choose Outlook Web Access by clicking the tab. Then /owa will be the default Exchange 2007 virtual directory.
b. To change the legacy virtual directory choose Server Configuration>Mailbox and select WebDAV by clicking the tab.
These will be now your default legacy virtual directories :
/public,/exchweb,/exchange, and /Exadmin
3. If you are operating the Maibox Server roleon your PC and working on the Client Access Server Role choose SELECT CONFIGURATION>CLIENT ACCESS>OUTLOOK WEB ACCESS
4. In the Operational panel, Choose the Virtual directory that you want to modify and apply Integrated Windows Authentication and then select PROPERTIES
5. Hit the Authentication tab
6. Choose " Use one or more authentication methods "
7. Choose Integrated Windows Authentication
8. And Hit Ok.
Hope this could help you.