N/APosted on - 11/21/2014
I want to install a Linux virtual machine on my computer which runs on Windows operating system (OS) but I do not know how to go about it. I am also not sure this can be done. What I would like to know is can I install a Linux virtual machine on a Windows OS? If yes, how do I go about installing the Linux virtual machine on Windows? Do I have to partition the hard drive first and install a Linux OS before installing the Linux virtual machine or there is no need to do so?
Installing Linux Virtual Machine on Windows
You can follow the steps below to install a Linux virtual machine on windows:
1) DOWNLOAD and install VMware Workstation software for windows
2) Run VMware Workstation
3) Click "Create new virtual machine"
4) Select "Installer disk" option if you have the operating system disk or select "Installer disk image file (ISO)" option if you have an ISO image of your operating system
5) Select "Linux" option and choose the version you will be running
6) Give your virtual machine a name and click "next" to continue with the "store virtual disk as a single file" option
7) Then click "Finish"
8) Run your virtual machine and insert your operating disk or ISO image to install Linux