N/APosted on - 10/22/2012
I have a 64 bit machine which results in an error when I try to open MS Excel.
The screenshot of the error is attached below:
The message states:
Failed to read Excel source data: The ‘Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0’ provider is not registered on the local machine.
Install the 2010 Office System Driver Data Connectivity Component:http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255
Or install the 2007 Office System Driver Data Connectivity Componenet:http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=23734
I did all the above mentioned steps in the error message but still the same problem persists.
Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.
Thanks a lot
Installing the 2010 Office System Driver Data Connectivity Component error
In order to fix this problem we will try for the two solutions:
We need to check manually that the DLL responsible of this driver is registered.
1. First go to Start => type CMD in Run window (you will see that CMD will appear)
2. Right click on CMD and select "Run as administrator"
3. Now, within the CMD, navigate to C:WindowsSysWOW64 folder
4. Here type regsvr32(http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb490985.aspx) followed by dll file (odbcconf.dll) (ex: regsvr32 odbcconf.dll)
5. You should receive a message that the DLL was successfully loaded.
You must download and install a Microsoft pack (Microsoft Office Access Runtime and Data Connectivity Service Pack 3 or SP3)
1. First download from the Official Microsoft site: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27835 the package.
2. Please quit any other programs that are running
3. And run the executable (it has ~72. 5 MB in size)
I hope this will help you,