N/APosted on - 08/19/2012
Backup Exec 2010 is not being installed on my computer.
It fails and gives me error messages.
Error code 1603. What should I do to install this program on my computer?
_setup.exe – Bad Image
C:usersAdministratorDesktopBE Exec BEWinNTInstallVxValidator 64 VXValidatorops.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or contains an error0 try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.
Installations fails: Backup Exec 2010
This may be due to some drivers not being installed in the right directory or it can also be due to the new version of Backup Exec. What you need to do is:
1. Click start icon then click Run
2. A window will appear, and then type regedit
3. Look for these keys
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SYSTEM -> CurrentControlSet -> Services ->VirtFile
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> Windows -> CurrentVersion -> DIFx
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> Windows -> CurrentVersion -> DIFxApp
4. Make a back up by clicking File then click the tab Export
5. Click select all then save in format of .reg
6. Remove/Delete the keys you found previously
7. Restart application
8. Install the needed drivers for Windows