N/APosted on - 07/22/2016
Hi. What is the use of an Active Directory? Also, I have been trying to install active directory in windows server 2008 r2, but I make some mistake every time I try. What are the correct steps for installation?
Installation of an active directory in windows server 2008 r2
Hi. Let us first talk about the importance of Active Directory. Active Directory is required as it enables authentication for the whole network by providing us with a Domain Controller. So, people then log on the domain controller instead of their local machines. For installation-
1) Server Manager>Roles>Add Roles
2) An Add Roles wizard will open up>Next>Active Directory domain services>Add required features>Next
3) Then a window with a brief overview of the Active Directory will be displayed. Click on Next>Install.
4) Click on Close when the installation completes.
1) Server Manager>Expand roles>Active Directory Domain Services>Click on Run the Active Directory Domain Services Installation Wizard link.
2) On the settings wizard that will open up next, click on Next.
3) A new dialogue box with Operating System compatibility will open up. Click on next to move on.
4) Click on Create a new domain in a new forest.
5) Name the domain using a .local domain.
6) In the Set Forest Functional Level window, set the forest functional level to Windows Server 2008 R2.
7) Check the DNS server and click on Next.
8) Choose a place to store the database log files in the Location for Database, Log Files, and SYSVOL window and click on next.
9) Type in the password and then confirm the password. Then click on next twice to put the configuration in effect.
10) Reboot the PC once complete.