N/APosted on - 02/02/2013
I did face a problem while I install Lookout on Outlook 2007. Can somebody guide me? I am not sure why this pop-up message comes. Please provide me a proper solution so that I can fix this issue.
Lookout failed to start
Sorry!! It looks like another Outlook Plugin has installed an unofficial version of the Outlook libraries which breaks Lookout. Lookout will not be able to load. For more information, see this link:
Install Lookout on Outlook 2007
You may solve the problem by trying out these simple steps:
1. Find a copy of Lookout on here.
2. Install Lookout.
3. When you next restart Outlook, you will get the error message that you have mentioned.
4. This is because Outlook 2007 imports the Outlook 2007 Office PIAs by default.
5. Now open a command shell (as an administrator), and write:
Rename Microsoft. Office. Interop. Outlook Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.OLD
6. Restart Outlook and the problem will be solved.
If this doesn’t work, restore the Interop library and undo the above command by writing:
rename Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.OLD Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook