N/APosted on - 07/30/2012
I purchased an HP Office Jet Pro 8500 and it supports scanning and wireless printing.
This item was an unbelievable pain when I tried to install it.
I got the following error.
Fatal error during installation.
Could not open key:
SideBySidePatchedComponent. Verify that you have sufficient
access to that key, or contact your support personnel.
Please go to http://ww.hp.com/support for troubleshooting
information about "FatalError" and "MSI.netdevicemanager40"
At first I set up the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x64), then I installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86), after that I put out of action my anti-virus during the set up, so that the HP installer might complete. Need to solve it. Please help.
Install HP Office Jet Pro 8500 Network Access Software on Windows Vista
For this solution, you have to use the dot4 patch. Do this before troubleshooting and turn off the compressed folders. To do this,
1. Go to run
2. Type regsvr and press enter
3. Go for c:windowssysem32atl.dll
4. Clear all temporary files
5. Clear the registry. Here you can use advance registry cleaner
6. Search for hp*.dll files and delete them all
7. Now run the hp installation setup file. Level 4 installation is not recommended
8. Avoid from updating CUE 13
9. Restart the computer
10. Go to hpzprl01.exe from run command
11. Install further features.
Thanks for your time