N/APosted on - 01/25/2012
I want to install Thunderbird on my computer, but every time I download it from oldapps.com and try to access the setup.exe file, it appears an error message that the software is not a valid win32 application. Have you got any idea why this error occurs and if I need to install other software prior to installation?
I want to install Thunderbird on my computer,
Any Other software Installation required?
No pre Installation is required for Thunderbird Installation as per Mozilla documentation.
Please follow the below steps for a successful installation.
1. Go to Click Download Thunderbird link.
2. A window will appear asking if you want to run or save the file. Select Save.
3. A window will appear asking where to save the file to. Select the Desktop and click Save.
4. A window should show the progress of the download. When it finishes, click Run in download window if it doesn’t close. If the window does close, double-click on the Thunderbird Setup file on your desktop.
5. A warning box will pop up. Click Run.
6. A welcome screen will appear. Click Next.
7. Accept the license terms and click Next.
8. Choose a Standard setup and click Next.
9. After the setup completes, click Finish.
Please find the screen shots below for your reference.
To download, install and configure Mozilla Thunderbird, please watch this video for a tutorial: