N/APosted on - 04/12/2012
It's not in extreme alarm but in some cases the microphone of my new headset doesn't work. If I plug in both the headphone jack and the microphone jack it doesn't work but if I used only the headphone jack it works. Is there any reason why is it happening?
I have a Headset Problems
Maybe your microphone is disabled, that’s why it’s not working. You need to enable the microphone at the Control Panel. Or you can follow this step by step instruction:
1. Right Click at the speaker icon at the lower right side of the taskbar
2. Click recording devices.
3. A window will appear and if there’s no microphone icon, just right click at the window and check the “show disabled devices”
4. Click Microphone, then click properties.
5. A window will appear and choose the “use this device(enable)” (see image)
6. That’s all and you can now use your microphone.