I experience electric shock from PC each time I try using it

Asked By 70 points N/A Posted on -
qa-featured

Hi there,

I experience electric shock from my PC each time I try using it. What is the problem because other people do not experience the same while using the same PC?

I am an electrician and even when I put on my shoes, I keep on being electrocuted. It is very funny because others can walk barefoot and still are not electrocuted. What is the problem because the PC does not use earth?

I am confused.

Thanks a lot. 

 

SHARE
Best Answer by John D Armstrong
Answered By 0 points N/A #139129

I experience electric shock from PC each time I try using it

qa-featured

Hi Janice,

Your problem seems to be static electricity in your body. Static electricity is created when two nonconductors rub against each other. Electrons and being transferred from one body to another thus becoming static electricity.

This electrical potential then discharges with proximity to another conductor (e.g. Your PC) and depending on the humidity of the air between you.  

Best Answer
Best Answer
Answered By 0 points N/A #139130

I experience electric shock from PC each time I try using it

qa-featured

Hi Janice Emond,

To add more about the previous comment, static electricity or Electrostatic discharge (ESD) from your body can destroy the small electronic components in in a computer.The CPU and chips are vulnerable to ESD. Even if you don't feel the static electricity being discharge from your body it is always there. So its better to for you to use an Anti-Static Wrist Band like in the picture below to avoid further damage.

It is available in most electronic or computer shops.

Hope your informed with this. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.


Thanks

Login/Register to Answer

Related Questions