N/APosted on - 02/17/2014
When I try to install the Hyperion Foundation shared services in the computer I started getting errors one after other. It being failed whatever I try to install. For your information, I have Windows XP operating system 64 bit and 500 GB hard disk. Someone could help me to solve this error. Thanks for your help.
Could no start the Hyperion Foundation Shared Services – Web Application service on Local Computer. Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.
Hyperion OpenLDAP and Shared Services Won’t Start – Error 1068
This error is very annoying and very much troublesome. There is some issue with the registry inside your system that is making the service malfunction.
Let’s fix the registry. Everything will work again like normal.
1. From Start menu, type “regedt32.exe”.
2. Right-click and select “Run as administrator”.
3. When the main Window comes, expand “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” on the left pane.
4. From the drop-down, expand “SYSTEM”.
5. From the drop-down, expand “CurrentControlSet”.
6. Again, expand “Services”. This place is super large, so be careful.
7. Click on “Dhcp”. On the right panel, you’ll see some registries.
8. Double-click on “DependOnService”.
9. Remove all words in the text area except “Afd”.
10. After done editing, click “OK”.
11. Again, find another entry on the left panel under “Services” named “EapHost”.
12. Once shown on the right panel, double-click “DependOnService” and remove every character in the text.
13. Press “OK”.
After restarting your system, your PC will go fine for sure.