N/APosted on - 09/16/2016
Virtualization allows you to use more than one operating system on one PC. It has number of application for companies like VMware and Oracle. It is also useful for people like us, who use desktop computers.How to dohyper-v convert physical to virtual?
Hyper-V Convert Physical To Virtualto Use Feature Of Virtualization.
What is virtualization?
Virtualization means to use more than one operating system on one PC, either managed by software called hypervisor or one operating system runs the other one.
There are many applications of virtualization. Some of them are pointed below:
1) Running old apps – when your operating system does not support old apps ,you can virtualize your machine with an OS that supports that app and you can install it.
2) Access the data which is infected with virus.
3) You can test software’s and new configuration’s.
4) You can run Linux on Windows or vice versa.
5) You can back up your entire OS.
HOW TO CARRY OUT THE CONVERSION FOR Disk2HD?
Disk2vHD was made by the Microsoft engineers. It does not require installation and is available on the official website.
1) Download Disk2vHD from the official website.
2) Run the extension in the physical server.
3) Convert the disks to VHDX and copy to Hyper-v host
4) After getting the VHDX file, copy to hyper-v server in the folder of VM disks.
5) In the hyper-v manager, Go to action tab-> new ->virtual machine to create a new VM disk.
6) Choose the generation you prefer. Recommended one is generation 1.
7) Connect the already existing virtual disk and type the path.
8) Run the VM by right-clicking on it and select run and then connect.
9) Wait for few minutes, window log screen will occur and now you can use the virtual server.