N/APosted on - 08/25/2013
I just started with scanning documents but I received this annoying error message during the process of scanning. I installed the printer software properly then why am I getting this error? Is there any issue while installation the software? The reinstallation process did not fix this problem. Help me! Thanks.
A required software component was not found or was improperly installed. Reinstall the HP Photosmart software that came with the device, and try scanning again.
HP Scanning failed. Says required software component is missing
The error is because windows registry files are missing.
The solution to it is as follows:
1) Click 'Start', Click 'Run', Type 'regedit'
2) Click 'File', Select 'Export'
3) In 'Save In' drop down menu, Select 'Desktop'
4) In the 'File Name' text box, type a file name
5) Select 'Registration Files', Click 'Save'
6) In the 'Registry Editor' window, Click 'Software', Select 'Hewlett-Packard', 'Digital Imaging'
7) Right Click 'Digital Imaging' window, Select 'New'
8) Enter the value 'ProfileWritePath'
9) In the value box, type '%APPDATA%HPDigitalImagingDataDestination'
10) Click 'OK', close 'Registry Editor'
11) Click 'Start', click 'Run'
12) Type 'Control folders', Click 'OK'
13) Click 'View' tab
14) Select 'Show hidden files and folders'
15) Click 'Apply', Click 'OK'
16) Click 'Start', 'My Computer'
17) Click 'Document and Settings', Select 'All Users'
18) Create a folder 'Destination' in the path 'C:UsersAppDataRoamingHPDigitalImagingData' folder
19) Now scan the document