N/APosted on - 10/10/2013
I want to use the HP printer and I purchased it but when trying to install the software I got the following error below. I have Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit installed on my computer.
Error: 1603 Fatal error during installation
Consult Windows Installer Help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more information
HP printer installation shows error
There may have been an issue with the data for the registry key.
Here are steps for resolving the Registry Editor:
– Click Start and then Run
– Type “regedit,” in the Open box and click OK
– Registry Editor, locate this key:
– Check the values of each entry in the Data Entry field
– To correct values for a drive that is not correct for your computer, right-click the entry, type c:my documents in the Value data box, and then click OK (do this for each field that contains and incorrect drive)
– Check the values in each of these registry keys as well:
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUser Shell Folders
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUser Shell Folders
– Lastly, close the registry editor and re-install the software
You might also want to make sure you have the latest version of MS Installer. To do this, use the search tool for “msiexec.exe/. This will open Windows Installer. Make a note of which version you have and then confirm that it is the latest by clicking on the link below, which will take you to a Microsoft product web page regarding their installers.