N/APosted on - 02/03/2015
I have a HP 1020 laser printer that has worked great for a long time. Now on every sheet of paper there are black lines running from the top to the bottom. I can not use it like this because everything is unreadable. Should I have it cleaned at somewhere like Best Buy?
HP 1020 Laser Printer Prinitng Black Lines Down The Page?
HP LaserJet 1020 is one of the most easy to use and widely used printer.
The problem you are facing, that is the black line from top to bottom of each is coming most probably due to leakage of ink at your printer cartridge. Try to do the following, to resolve the issue.
1. Open the Printer cover.
2. Take out the cartridge from the printer.
3. Push the black cover of your cartridge softly, you will see a green beam inside.
4. If this problem is occurring due to leakage, then you will see black spots on the green beam.
5. Softly wipe out the black spots with a cotton and set the cartridge inside the printer.
6. Now try to take a print again.
In case your problem is still not solved, then replace the cartridge. This will definitely solve the problem.