N/APosted on - 09/04/2011
I have a VPN from my office, it was given to us to enable us to access the software's we need to use.
I always bring this one at home, and I just want to ask how can I use this VPN to add security to my computer.
Since this VPN changes its password every minute this would be really efficient for the security of my computer.
So basically, how can I use this VPN for personal use other than office use.
Please help me on this.
How to use a VPN?
VPN – Virtual Private Network allows you work from home just like what you do in your office using remote access in a remote location. Set to have an access to your corporate network from any location, home, starbucks or at any place.
To set-up VPN, company's VPN has to be set-up first. You need to know the IP address of server and Log-in credentials.
* Right click Network connections, shown in your desktop computer
* You need to click on Create a new connection
* Select an choose a network to connect, click on Connect to the Network at My workplace and hit next
* Select Virtual Private network connection and next
* Type the VPN connection name, click next and select do not dial the initial connection
* Enter the IP address of VPN server
* Select My use only
* Create a shortcut in your desktop and double click the icon to start VPN networking