N/APosted on - 05/18/2015
My ASUS X550CA-DB31 computer of almost a year has been acting slow which I’m sure shouldn’t be the case because I have always religiously run my antivirus which is the ESETNOD32 and its not pretty old for me. In the first place, how can I check or test my speed? What websites can I access to do this? Any tips that I can do to boost it up. Although my antivirus says 0 viruses, could I still check it somewhere?
How to speed up my slow computer of almost a year?
Your system may be slow due to the following reasons
Outdated antivirus software, which you can resolve by updating your software or purchase a new one. Or simply first you can download a free version of any antivirus and scan for viruses.
1. You can also check whether there are any unwanted startup and background applications running. For this you type msconfig.exe in start > search for program> msconfig.exe.
2. System configuration will open up. In that go to "startup" tab.
3. Deselect all unwanted programs.
4. Restart the system.
1. Clean your "Temp" Folder.
2. For that in start type %temp%.
3. Temp folder will open up and delete all files inside it.