N/APosted on - 05/17/2011
I have got a Dell Inspiration 1300 laptop and it has developed a bit of issue for me. It is making strange noises.
In fact my laptop was not a noise maker a couple of weeks ago but it has started to make strange noises like screeching, whirring etc. Even it is not just making horrible noises now-a-days. It also gets slower most of the time when the strange noise has been produce by it .But my laptop was never a super fast one at all.
To solve this issue:
I firstly checked for hard drive memory and according to the inspection my HDD memory was almost full.
Then I deleted some data to free it up and hoped the issue will be solve but it is till remaining.
Then I thought that this would be due to the reason that my laptop might be linked with too many programs loading but when I checked it, the result was different.
I also have checked my CPU usage via particular software but it is also not more than normal.
I have tried almost all the tricks to overcome at this issue but I am not been able to get rid of it.
I want to know How to solve laptop strange noise issue?
So, I want someone to help me in this critical situation and I need someone’s suggestion desperately.
How to solve laptop strange noise issue?
The problem you’re facing with your Dell Inspiration 1300 laptop is a familiar problem. One of my friends has the same laptop and he faced the same type of problem. You can calm down that you’re not the one who only faced such type of problem. Here I’m giving out some solution. Hope it might be effective.
1. Well as you said about the problems you’re facing I have a doubt that the problem is with your Cooler Fan. These types of problem mostly relate to Cooler Fan. And many High Performance laptops have faced same type of problem.
It seems that your Cooler fan is affected somehow. It may cause for overheating of laptop. So repairing or replacing the fan will solve the problem. But now-a-days maximum laptops have Overheating detection process and automatically reduce their clock speeds.
2. The problem may occur with your Hard Disk. Is the laptop shows following symptoms then it’s your hard disk problem.
Making loud grinding noise
Laptop lows its performance and sometimes hangs down
“Non-system disk or disk error” on startup of laptop. etc
This means that your hard disk may fail anytime. And there is a good possibility that your files or data may me crashed. So my suggestion will be to Backup all the necessary files to a portable hard drive or pen drive.
3. Sometimes this problem may occur due to DISK THRASHING. It means that your laptop lacks enough RAM. The processor is trying to accesses the hard disk but the hard dish is not fast enough to cope up.
Purchase the high speed RAM. I would suggest you to get 2GB RAM for your Laptop.
4. I’m giving a video tutorial which might help you to solve your problem regarding strange noise. It will help you to necessary staff to make sure that your laptop doesn’t make noise.
5. I have searched on the net and find out that some of users of the DELL face same sort of problem. And some of them try to solve it and find out that there is a black ting with name “3R2G TMP T7111” Which is located under the Keyboard and wireless status lights. Pressing the back thing make the noise to be disappeared. So you can try this out too. I’m giving you the forum address so that you can find out yourself.
6. You have to find out whether the problem your facing is it with your sound card or not. Check out your device manger from control panel. For this go to:
Start >control panel>system> Hardware Tab > Device Manager.
Go to Sound, Video and Game Controllers (Expend it) > Click on the properties of the sound driver. Uninstall it and take a restart and reinstall it. It may solve your problem.
7. If all of them don’t work for you then I would suggest you to show your laptop to a technician or go to DELL SUPPORT CENTER for necessary queries.
And chat with the experts to see if you can come out with a solution.
Hope it would be effective for you.
How to solve laptop strange noise issue?
Check your laptop fan works properly. If it has touched a wires or something it may cause to make noise.
Due to fan OR hard disk rotation if there are any lost screw nails, they try to vibrate. So check for it and fix them properly. Check your power supply unit also ( Battery ) whether there is any problem in it.