N/APosted on - 02/14/2012
I need to know how to root my phone, i use galaxy s2. I am having a hard time to understand the instructions on the net.
How to root this phone
This is very simple to root this cell phone
1. Go the settings select the connections
2. Set the internet connection
3. Check the proxy setting and set them on default.
4. Connect you cell phone to the Wi-Fi or connect to your system and select by pass option it will give you access to the internet and this is the good option to use this cell phone if you have no Wi-Fi currently and then synchronize your cell phone and set your phone to the update it will update your cell phone and you will easily able to root this in this way
How to root this phone
I have a Samsung galaxy S2 phone also I can help you how to root phone.
These are the step you need to follow.
2. Go to Settings then choose Applications select Development and Enable USB Debugging on your device.
3. Reboot the phone into the download mode. how to do it i you need to power off the phone then Hold Vol Down + Home + Power If done correctly your device should have a big Yellow Triangle in the middle of the screen with the words 'Downloading… Do not turn off target' underneath. Or Press 'Jump To Download Mode' Button in S2 Root.
4. Connect your device to your PC and start Odin3 v1.83. If you installed Samsung Kies correctly, you should see the box in the top left corner of Odin underneath where it says "ID:COM" should be Yellow and displaying the name of a Com Port your device is connected to.
5. Check Odin's settings, Only the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes should be selected.
6. Now press the PDA button and select the Insecure Kernel you downloaded earlier.(Note: This should be in *.tar, *.md5 or *.smd format.)
7. Now press the Start button and wait for your device to reboot.
8. If you have done everything correctly, you will notice a Yellow Triangle with an exclamation mark on the boot screen when the device is starting up. This indicates you are running an Insecure Kernel with Temp Root privileges.
9. When the device has finished booting, start S2 Root then press the Root Device button. Wait for the device to reboot depending on which Reboot option you selected then you are done Rooting.
10. This is an optional step but you can perform Steps 4 to 8 in this guide to flash the Original Kernel back to your device to remove the Yellow Triangle on the boot screen whilst still retaining Root Permissions.