N/APosted on - 11/16/2012
How to remove PDF complete from Mac?
I want to completely remove or delete all my 50 PDF files in my laptop with Mac operating system.
How to uninstall those files to clear some space in my local disk drives?
I hope you can share some troubleshooting ideas.
Expecting some help from you guys.
How to remove pdf completely from mac? Clear some space
Here are some steps to remove such files:
1. Browse the part of your hard drive where the files are located.
2. If you don’t know the location, double click the desktop icon that will take you to the hard drive. Usually it is labelled as the Macintosh HD (or any other name that you assigned).
A dialog box will be opened. On the upper part of the box there is a search tool where you can type any part of the file name. Press enter on your keyboard and look for the PDF file (or files in the list). Or you can type *.pdf to locate all PDF files on your hard drive.
3. Click once to select the file you want to remove. If you want to remove multiple files press and hold the “Ctrl” key and then select all the files. Release the “Ctrl” key after selection.
4. Get your mouse over one selected file and click and hold down on it and drag the file to the Trash. The Trash is located at the bottom right of the screen.
5. To finally remove the files, double click on the Trash icon and wait for the dialog box to appear. A circular form appears on a drop-down menu at the top of the Trash box. Click once and select “Empty Trash” from the list.
6. The system will then prompt you to ask if you are sure you want to remove those items permanently. Select “OK”.
7. Now all the items you selected will be removed.
8. You can still recover these files using recovery tools. If you want these to be removed forever, just use a Dashboard widget called “Shredder”. You can download this from the Apple website which is http://www.apple.com/.
Wishing you good luck with the removal!