How to post images on forums?
Here are some simple steps on how to put up an image in a forum board:
1. Image location: Hard Drive – Is the image that you want to use in your computer? If it is, then we have to have it available on the internet. Find out if your forum board has an image placer or if it can allow image attachments. If it does, then all you have to do is upload the image by using a button or an Attach link. After uploading, the image should already be viewable in the post of your forum.
If you are not sure how to do this, tell me the Forum website so I can check.
2. Image Storage sites – If the images you want to put up is in your computer and there is no way to attach or upload images in the forum board, then sign up to any image storage websites such as:
Sign up and upload your image. Once uploaded, these sites will provide the image code which you can use to put the image on the forum board. Alternatively, you can also get the direct link to the image and follow step 4 or 5.
3. Image location: Another website – If the image that you want to use is located in another website, a good practice is to save the image and upload it to an image storage website such as the ones above.
However, if you would like to skip the saving and uploading step, although not recommended, do the following:
Go to the website where the picture is located, right click on the image and select
Mozilla Firefox – Copy Image Location
Google Chrome – Copy Image URL
Internet Explorer – Properties and copy the address in Address: (URL)
4. BB code image tag– Once you have the URL location or the direct link of the image that you want to use, the next step will be to put it up on the site, use the BB code below:
http://sitename/imagename.jpg to the URL or direct link of the image you want to use.
5. Make the Image clickable using BB code – If you want the image to be clickable or link to a certain website, you can do or use the following code:
6. Resizing the Image – There may be cases where the image is too big for the post or you want it smaller. Use the code below:
7. Show a text – If you want to show some text or information on the image whenever someone points their mouse on top of the image.
[img alt="Description of the picture" title="Say whatever you want or you can also put the description of the picture"]http://sitename/imagename.jpg[/img]
8. Resizing and adding Meta Information – In case, you want to resize the image and also want to have it show some text, use the following code:
[img width=”100” height=”100” alt="Description of the picture" title="Say whatever you want or you can also put the description of the picture"]http://sitename/imagename.jpg[/img]
9. YouTube – There are some forum boards, if not all, that has incorporated the YouTube bb code. If they are allowed in your forum, you can use this to post not just images, but videos from YouTube as well.
[youtube]123 youtube video id 456[/youtube]
The YouTube video id can be found like this:
If there is a “&feature=related” after the combination of letters and numbers, you can remove that.
10. Google Videos – Similar to YouTube, you can put videos from Google Videos as well, if your forum allows it.
If there is a “#docid=NUMBERS_AND_NUMBERS” after the combination of numbers, you can remove that.