N/APosted on - 10/27/2012
How to perform repairing WordPress installation? The last time I tried to install the WordPress was unfortunately unsuccessful, now I want to repaired the WordPress installation. Give me some ways on how to get this fixed as soon as possible.
How to perform repairing WordPress installation?
Hi there! i tried to research some solutions to your problem and i come up with this solution.
1. First make a folder that is new in your c panel (Public_html). Keep your old WordPress installed and we make new folder for our new installation
2. Download new WordPress. Upload it into this directory through FTP which we created earlier.
3. from our old installed WordPress, copy the “wp-config.php” for this contains our connection and database Information.
4. From c panel copy all old WordPress installed put it outside the Public_html so that it cannot be browsed.
5. After removing the older installation replace with the new one or make your server point domain name to the new folder.
6. Browse the newly installed WordPress from your domain name. From here it will prompt “ Config file is not present”, there will be button to create config(wp-config.php) Click it and do not continue to the next stage of installation just stop there after creation of wp-config.php file.
7. Replace wp-config.php we created earlier with the old copy of(wp-config.php) we downloaded from old installed WordPress.
Browsing again the domain will prompt “config file present WordPress is already installed”.
8. go on with next steps and you can see dashboard free from bugs , just don’t forget copy uploadsdirectory(wp-content/uploads) From old to the new WordPress installation.
You can now add plugins or what you want to customize your page for now it is repaired.
Hope it may help you solve your problem with repairing WordPress installation.