N/APosted on - 10/29/2012
How to perform locking task manager priority? My acer computer desktop is using windows 7 32 bit operating system. I know how to set a software as a high priority in a computer but no idea about locking task manager priority. Can you give me some tips to solve this issue?
Hoping for your help and kind consideration.
How to perform locking task manager priority?
Taskmgr.exe is by default set to read/read & execute for users.
There are two ways to disable it for users.
1. Edit the permissions for the users, uncheck the read and read & execute permissions.
2. Or remove the users from the security list.
I personally recommend the first solution.
It's not as straight forward as it seems, because for this file, users inherit permissions, and therefore can‘t be altered without a few steps.
01. Go to C:WindowsSystem32taskmgr.exe,
02. Right click on the file,
03. Chose properties,
04. Go to the security tab
05. Click on advanced,
06. Click on edit permissions
07. In the warning click ok
08. Click on users
09. uncheck the inherit permissions….. Button
10. In the next dialog click on add (not delete)
11. Click a few times ok until you are back in the security tab
12. Now you can click the edit button and edit the permissions of the users.
13. Uncheck the two permission boxes.
14. Valid the changes and is done
The users under the users group will not have access to the task manager application any more but to do this settings you have to login as an administrator.