N/APosted on - 07/26/2016
I want to convert my internal hard drive into a portable external hard drive. Can you please suggest me steps to convert internal hard drive to external hard drive? It is urgent! Thanks in advance.
How to make disk drive portable: convert internal to external hard drive
Hi. The steps to convert internal hard drive to external hard drive are as follows-
1) First take an internal hard drive
2) Then take an enclosure for this internal hard drive
3) Unpack both the Hard disk drive and the enclosure
4) Now, the enclosure needs to be opened correctly
5) The hard disk drive needs to be set to the master/slave configuration
6) The enclosure’s Molex power connector and ATA ribbon cable now need to be connected to the hard disk drive
7) Now the hard disk drive should be placed within the enclosure with the help of screws
8) Ensure that you have not missed out any step mentioned above
9) The enclosure then needs to be closed
10) The USB cord needs to be connected to the drive
11) The computer must be turned off before connecting the USB cable
12) Then, turn on the computer. Go to my computer and look at G drive
13) You will also see a new device in the removable devices
14) Right-click on the device and click on format 15) Wait for the formatting to complete.
The job is done! Hope we helped.