N/APosted on - 07/28/2016
I want to insert one more hard drive in my PC. I have a Dell XPS 8700, and I would like to enhance its performance by doing Dell XPS 8700 hard drive upgrade. I have one spare hard drive from my older PC and will be installing it in the third hard drive (optional) case. Kindly state the steps.
How to install a Dell XPS 8700 hard drive?
Steps for installing a third hard drive (optional) in Dell XPS 8700:
• First of all, remove the computer cover and the front bezel.
• Insert and twist the screw driver to remove the beak-away metal plate from the chassis.
• Now, slide the third hard drive in its location through the front of the computer.
• Tighten the screws that hold the third hard drive.
• Next, connect the power and data cables to the hard drive.
• Assemble the front bezel and the computer cover correctly in place.