N/APosted on - 05/18/2015
I have always used to changing my computer to sleep mode when I am not using it or if I have to do something really quickly. I noticed with my new Windows 8.1 that it won’t wake up after moving my mouse or pressing any buttons on the keyboard. I was often forced to do hard reset instead.
What are the causes for this problem? What should I do to fix it?
How to fix problem with the Sleep Mode on Windows 8.1
Almost all sleep problems to the computer is due to the improper settings in the power option (start->control panel->hardware and sound). All power management features will work without any problem, if the computer having a certified Windows 8 or Windows 8.1. Just configure the sleep function or contact the supplier or manufacturer.
To configure the power options for sleep, do the following
1. Open power option. Go to Start –> Control Panel –> System and security –> Power options.
2. Select Power plan page.
3. Click change plan settings for the change according to you.
4. Search 'Sleep' option.
5. Expand ‘Sleep after’. If the device you're working on is a laptop, check both the 'Plugged in' and the 'On Battery' settings.
6. Choose 'Never' to prevent your computer going into sleep mode. Remember to click 'OK'.
7. Or apply if you want to configure more options.