N/APosted on - 10/02/2013
I have been using EarthLink Access Software v 8.0 to connect to the world using the best Internet Service Providers. Recently I got an error which is highlighted below. The suggestion was to reinstall EarthLink but upon reinstallation the error won’t go away. Please help.
Error: An error has occurred.. Error type: Smart dialer software error. The smart dialer software has encountered an error.
Earthlink recommends re-installing the software.
How to fix EarthLink Access Software v 8.0 errors
The error is because IPSUtil8.dll is missing or unregistered in the system.
The solution to it is:
1) In the Task Manager, stop all the existing instances of bartshel.exe
2) Click on the Image tab, sort the processes in the system
3) In the control panel, Click 'Re-register Com objects'
4) Check for the files on the system, 'Reinstall' the missing files
5) If it does not fix the issue, reinstall the software and restart the system