N/APosted on - 08/09/2011
I am using Tivoli Productivity Centre Standard edition and for DB using DB-2 on windows 64 bit. I installed DB2 with Windows authentication parameters, now I want to change my server password for security reason but when I changed the password db2 connection failed. How can I fix it after change of password?
How to Fix DB2 connectivity after changing password ?
1) Logon as Administrator on DB2 server.
2) First create new account on Windows with administrative privileges. Right click on Db2 (appear on right hand on desktop) select DB2 control center. Select advance and click on ok
3) Expand instances and select active database running for TPC
4) Right click on database and select authorities
5) Add new user (already created on system). Add user and finish it. Remove administrator account and finish all tabs.
6) Right click on DB2 icon appeared desktop and stop db2. Then again restart db2, if it working and started successfully. Then ok now you can logon with different account. And your db2 account authentication will be from other (specified in db2).