N/APosted on - 07/18/2012
I have a server that runs with Windows 2003 Server R 2 standard edition. Also, I have bought a system which runs with Windows XP, and I need to add that operating system to the current domain.
I need help in activating any OS in my server. Because the new system is making problem such as gives some RPC errors and authentication is not allowing, etc. It can be solved by enabling the above specified option.
Please help me to solve this issue. Thank you.
How to Enable Any Operating System
This problem may occur because of unavailability of WMI access. This causes because of failing remote machine in group account when accessing WMI access. Please do the following steps:
1. Open control panel.
2. Go for the Administrative tool.
3. Go to Computer management tab located at the top of the window.
4. Go to Service and applications and then select WMI control.
5. Now, you have to go to the properties window. Here click on security tab and then select Root.
6. Check your username or group and give permission to it.
Hope your problem is solved. Thanks for your time.