N/APosted on - 05/05/2013
I need to download the ODBC Microsoft Oracle 11g driver. Please send me the link on where I can get it and tell me its basic features. A complete information and step-by-step method on its installation will be much appreciated. Thanks.
How to download odbc Microsoft oracle 11g drivers?
Oracle 11g Client includes the ODBC driver for windows and it is necessary for you to create ODBC connections to EPM.
You can download the Oracle 11g Client in this page:
Follow these steps to download Oracle 11g Client:
1. Go to the page given above.
2. Search the name of your Operating System where you want to install this Application you can see the link "See All" next to the name. Select that link.
Note: if you are using Windows cache 32-bit or x64 depends to your windows version.
3. Select "Accept License Agreement". You need to accept the License Agreement to be able to download this software.
4. Click the "Client" link version for your windows.
5. The page will ask you to sign-in with Oracle account. If you don't have an account yet, you need to create one take note that you can register for free. After you sign-in or registered you will be asked to download the client. Select the "Save file" so you can save this in any location you want.
Note: this download containing zip files with large file so it takes several minutes in downloading this file. Once the download is complete you can now install it to your computer.
Follow these steps in installing the Oracle 11g Client:
1. Right-click and select "Extract All…". Windows will unzip the file.
2. Open the unzip folder then open the subfolder named "Client" then double click the "setup" application to launch the installer.
3. Choose the "Administrator" as the installation type.
4. Click "Next >" and the screen will turn to "Specificity Installation Location"
6. Change the default "Oracle Base" location to C:Oracle32 if you installed 32-bit client and C:Oracle64 for 64-bit client. Click "Next >".
7. The insulator will search for the prerequisites and initiate the installation process until it's done.