N/APosted on - 08/09/2016
I just bought an HP printer with the Wi-Fi network sharing feature. I have connected my laptop to it and it shows no troubleshooting error. But, when the documents had queued for printing, the PC says that printer is offline. How do I turn my printer online?
How Do I Turn My Printer Online Using Wireless Connection?
Following are the methods to find the issues and fix them manually:
A. By checking Devices and Printer status
1) Turn on the printer and wait till it gets to the ready state.
2) Go to Devices and Printers on your computer.
3) Choose the active printer and Set as Default.
4) Right-click on the printer’s icon and select See what’s printing.
5) In the printer queue window, click on Printer, and then deselect Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline options.
6) Try to print again.
B. Install Windows Update
1) Keeping the Windows updated is most critical for any external peripheral to work.
2) Check for the updates and download the latest one.
3) Restart the computer, and check if you can print. C. Use HP Print and Scan Doctor
1) Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor and open the tool to check for connectivity.
2) Select the printer model from the list.
3) Click on Next > Fix Printing.
4) After the process is complete, see the following:
A tick mark: No issues with printer.
Yellow Exclamation point: Warning that you can skip.
Red Cross mark: Follow on-screen prompts to resolve the issue.