N/APosted on - 04/18/2013
Hi, I have a number of computers networked together at my workplace but I have not been able to figure out how to share files amongst them. Every other thing seems fine and I can see all the computers on the network; what is giving me headache is the fact that the sharing of files cannot just work. Is there easy file sharing for Windows 7? Thanks!
How do I get easy file sharing for Windows 7 settings?
Window 7 is pretty easy to share file/folder with other user that use window XP or Vista.
You can share file/folder with other user without any authentication.
1) First you need to confirm that you have enabled file and printer sharing on network card. Let’s do a quick check. Go to Start and click on Control Panel. Proceed to click View network status and tasks in Control Panel window.
2) Network and Sharing Center window will appear, after that click change adapter settings.
3) Network Connections window will appear. Here you can right click on the network adapter (can be wireless adapter or wired Ethernet adapter) that you are using and click Properties.
4) Your network card’s properties window will appear, then tick File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks if it's not tick, finally click OK.
5) Let’s move back to Network and Sharing Center window, make sure you have selected the appropriate network location type before enabling file sharing, mostly home network or work network type. In this case, my network location type is home network.
I hope you understand very well.