N/APosted on - 05/22/2013
HI there. I need tips on how to force decrypt for McAfee Endpoint Encryption. During the encryption process, I encountered a bad sector error report How do I force decrypt the bad sector? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
How do I force decrypt for McAfee Endpoint Encryption?
To perform this task you will require;
EETech (Standalone) boot disk
Daily authorization/access code
Attached herewith is an image of a number of steps you may follow to solve the issue. If you have a valid support contract with McAfee, you can get the daily authorization code.
1. Start your system with EETech (Standalone) boot disk. This will launch the McAfee EETech interface.
2. Allow the daily Authorization code and then approve the confirmation status.
3. Validate with Token or Recovery Information File.xml and then approve the authentication status.
4. Choose the disk under the Select Disk list. And type the Start Sector and Number of Sectors.
5. Click the Set Boot Disk and choose the appropriate boot disk under the Set Boot Disk page.
6. Click Set Algorithm and then choose the algorithm that you wish under the Select Algorithm page.
7. Click the Crypt Sectors and then choose the disk under the Select Disk list and type the Start Sector and Number of Sectors.
8. Click the Encrypt/Decrypt option for the range of sectors.