N/APosted on - 03/19/2013
I'm new to this. I want to create a Windows form data source from an Entity Data Model. I already have the database from MySQL and ODBC 5 connector.
Can someone please teach me how to create Windows forms with MySQL?
Thanks in advance.
How do I create Windows form with mySQL?
1. Go to your visual studio and select ( File> New > Project ) , choose (a windows form application) and hit ( ok ).
2. Adding an Entity Data Model :
Right click in solution explore and select (Add > New item ) and do as follows :
3. You will see a window choose as shown :
4. Select (next) and you will see a window choose (next)
5. You see a window choose what you want in your model and then click (finish)
6. You will see the model as shown :
7. From main menu select (Build > Build Solution )
8. To add a new data source :
In main menu select (Data > Add New Data source )
9. Select Object and click next
10. Make as shown and click Finish
11. You will see your object as shown :
12. Using the data source in windows form :
In the data source panel selects data source and drag and drop it to your form
13. Save and rebuild
14. Adding code to make changes to the data grid view
15. Save and rebuild
16. Adding code to save changes to the database
In the Form designer click save icon
I hope These steps will help you .