N/APosted on - 12/14/2012
Please clarify me.I got a solution how to prevent USB pen drive.But let me clarify does it prevent accessing my CD/DVD drive. What shall I do preventing my CD/DVD drive?
How to disable access to USB and CD/DVD drive?
Hi Mr. Cristo,
Please be clarified that preventing USB drive does not prevent CD/DVD drive. Because these are two separate drives. USB means universal serial Bus. If you want to also activate denying access to your CD/DVD drive then please follow the below steps.
1. Go to the start.
2. Click on Run option.
3. Type in the search bar gpedit.msc and hit enter.
4. Click on Administrative tools.
5. Double click on All settings.
6. Under All settings search for CD and DVD:Deny read access.
7. Click on that option and enable it.
8. Apply and OK.