N/APosted on - 03/19/2012
A few days ago we had a power failure. After this, Windows asked me if I wanted to prevent it from going into standby in future. I clicked, yes. Everything works fine now, except that I can’t find standby. I tried going to Control panel > Advance but there is no option to restore my standby
How to deal with the problem of standby power issues?
Do not worry about the problem because i had the same problem but i fixed this problem myself. What you need to do is just to follow these steps and you will be able to see the Hibernate option.
1. Click on Start menu and go to Control Panel.
2. Here you can see "power option".
(Alternatively you can use powercfg.cpl command in Run to open power option)
3. Open it. Click on Advanced Tab.
4. Now in Power buttons sections, make sure that you have selected "stand by" by clicking on dropdown arrow.
5. Now click on Hibernate tab.
6. In Hibernate section check the "enable Hibernation" option.
Now you will be able to see the hibernate option next time.