N/APosted on - 10/22/2012
How to create excel capacity plan? I have some files to be done in a Microsoft excel, can you give me a step by step process on how to arrange those files according to date, information and all the additional contacts. I just want have some reference from you guys on how to create my own. Thank you.
How to create excel capacity plan?
Hello Lindsay Wendy,
To do a good capacity planning you should be aware of the resource, demand, role, generic resource, project and capacity. To perform the capacity planning please follow the following steps:
1. Find out how many resource you have to manage.
2. Find the capacity of each resource per month.
3. For every project, record how many days of work is required by each resource in one month. This is called the demand.
4. There could be a case where you don't know that whom this unallocated work should be allocate. This is your generic resource.
5. Now you have a figure for the total demand on your resources and the total capacity.
Thanks for sharing your problem with us.