N/APosted on - 06/02/2011
I want to know how to create Active Directory in Windows 2003. I am planning to put up a small office and as server i want to use Windows 2003.
I don't know how to create Active Directory in which it helps to add and manage the network system by doing this option.
Can you please help me and give some guidelines on how to create Active Directory in Windows 2003.
I know you guys have some ideas on how to make such directory. Make it concise detail guys so that it's easier for me to understand.
Thank You Have a good day!
How to create Active Directory
If you going to make a Active directory users on your server 2003 then my dear I want to clearly tell you that it requires a Administrator to look after this directory and it is the person how is responsible for any kind of Services between users.
Although i will tell you how you can create Active directory. Again it will be not in detail because it requires a lot of things to be sated and that's a Complex task. I will roughly tell you how to create it and it's your job how to look after it.
To create Active User Directory Go to your Server 2003 and click on start now go to run and type the following command DCPROMO. It will open up a window and now here you have to do your work just choose the right options you want for your Server.
As your Requirement Click next every time you choose the right option. After this it will create the ACTIVE DIRECTORY and it will reboot.
It can take up to 15 to 30 minutes to do this. Now you can see the active directory at your server.
I hope this will help you but not such.
How to create Active Directory
First you have to install Windows Server 2003 on a stand-alone server, then you have to run the Active Directory Wizard to create the new Active Directory forest or domain, and then convert the Windows Server 2003 computer into the first domain controller in the forest.
There are some of the steps to convert a Windows Server 2003 computer into the first domain controller in the forest, they are as follows :
1. Insert the windows 2003 CD-ROM into your computer's drive.
2. Click on start menu,click on run,and then type "dcpromo".
3. Click ok to start the active directory installation wizard, and then click next.
4. Click on the Domain contRoller for a new domain and then click on next.
5. Click Domain in a new forest and then click next.
6. Then,specify the full DNS name for the new domain and then click next.
7. After that you have to accept the default domain netBIOS name. click next.
8. Then,Set the database and log file location to the default setting of the c:winntntds folder, and then click next.
9. Next, Set the Sysvol folder location to the default setting of the c:winntsysvol folder, and then click next.
10. Click on Install and configure the DNS server on this computer, and then click next.
11. Click Permissions compatible only with Windows 2000 or Windows Server 2003 servers or operating systems, and then click next.
12. As this is a laboratory environment, leave the password for the Directory Services Restore Mode Administrator blank and then click next.
13. Now, Review and confirm the options that you selected, and then click next.
14. Now, the installation of Active Directory proceeds and Note that this operation may take several minutes.
15. When you are prompted,restart your computer and after computer restarts, you have to conform that Domain name system (DNS)service location record for new domain have been created.
Hope this would be helpful to you.