N/APosted on - 07/28/2016
I am currently in the second year of my college. I am interested in computer science, and I have this doubt of an external hard drive with Ethernet connection being connected to the PC. Is it possible? What are the steps to connect and disconnect the drive? Thanks in advance.
How to connect an external hard drive with Ethernet connection to PC
Hi. It is possible for the external hard drive with Ethernet connection to be connected to the PC.
The steps to connect the drive are as follows-
• Connect the USB drive to the wall passage
• Connect the plug of the power to the back of the USB drive
• Now, plug-in the USB cable to the computer
• The external drive should now be connected to the USB cable plugged in
• The device will be on
• Switch on the PC and install the drivers for the drive
The steps to disconnect the drive are as follows-
• Make sure that all the files contained on the external drive are closed and it should also not be accessed by any program
• There will be WD Smart Ware icon available on the top of the window, right-clicking on which you will be displayed all the USB drives existing to be ejected
• Select the external drive to be disconnected
• Select stop to remove the hard drive from the OS
• When the drive gets removed, you can unplug it from the PC after you get a notification to do so
Hope we helped.