N/APosted on - 07/11/2012
I have one AD domain controller( 2003 Server), i will configuring dhcp server and filter is to configure as my dell pc.
How config the DHCP server in Windows 2003
You should always remember that DHCP needs an IP address which helps to make gateway to your server automatically.
Please do the following steps:
1. You can use your previous DSL router. Remember that, it should not be matched with address given to all connection by DHCP.
2. You may have server of MS Small Business. Try to handle the DHCP with it.
Now, I assumed that you do not have these. Then
1. Install 3rd party DHCP server.
2. Please do not use APIPA.
3. Give the router an internal address manually.
4. Make sure it does not match with other routers. For this, you can use submask.