N/APosted on - 02/10/2013
Recently I found my laptop very slow. I am afraid that there may be some significant corrupted files on my hard disk.
I need to know whether the error checker option of desktop PC will work for me or not?
My laptop configuration is Intel Celeron, 320 GB HDD.
How to Check Harddisks for Errors
For checking Hard Drive disk error you will have to follow the following formula:
1. Go to My Computer and right click on the disk partition and choose Properties.
2. After this one pops up Local disk properties will become. Then you will select the Tools tab.
3. Then you will see the Error checking Tools and click Check now box in the Error Checking section.
4. It is to process, the first one eliminates system errors and recommended choice for most users, but if you want to check on every error then you can leave this option unchecked.
5. After this Second option is for bad section of the hard disk. It will not fix the hardware problem but try to move the files from the bad sector.
6. For this you will require to select schedule the Disk checking box.
7. You may check your disk using the command prompt.
8. Go to Start menu, Type in chkdsk and enter.