N/APosted on - 01/27/2012
I want to change the Start-up sound but I see that it only has a box that says, “Play Windows Start-up sound.” I am using Windows Premium. How exactly do you change the Windows Vista Start-up sound?
How to change the Windows Vista Premium Startup sound
To change the Windows Vista Start up sound, follow the steps below:
1. Click Start and then go to Control Panel.
2. Click the Hardware and Sound button.
3. Choose the Change System Sounds option from the Sound heading.
4. Click the Windows Log-on under the Program box to open the Sounds drop-down menu.
5. Choose a sound from the drop-down list or you can also click Browse to open any WAV file from your computer.
6. Test the WAV sound once selected to preview it.
7. Tick the Play Windows Startup Sound check box and then click Apply and OK and then close the dialog box. You can now hear the WAV sound file that you selected when you start Windows.