N/APosted on - 03/30/2013
I need some help in changing connections timeout in registry. Is there any way to do it through registry on windows XP PC.If yes, Please provide me details to do it and pros and cons of changing connections timeout in registry.
How to change settings of connections timeout in registry
I would be more than happy to help you with your queries, though you have not mentioned what browser you are using, I assume you are using IE. To change these values for IE, follow the below steps:
1. START->RUN->type REGEDIT and then ENTER
2. Find 'HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternetSettings'
3. Edit->NEW->DWORD Value.
4. Please type ' KeepAliveTimeout ' and Enter
6. Type the customized time (in miliseconds, i.e 3min=180000) and SAVE
7. Restart IE and you will be done.