N/APosted on - 01/11/2013
How can I reinstall system 32 files ?
When I open the computer shows the below message
Windows could not start because the following file is missing
Windows root > system 32ntoskrnl.exe
Please reinstall a copy of the above file
How can I solve this problem?
How can I Reinstall System 32 files?
This is due to the Default value in the Boot.ini file missing. To resolve it, follow the steps below:
1. Use your Windows XP CD to start your computer
2. A message will appear prompting you to press R to Repair Windows by using Recovery Console, press R
3. Choose the installation to log on to then press Enter. (it’s typically number 1)
4. Sign in to the Administrator account
5. Type the following at the recovery console command prompt:
Uni-Processor systems:expand <cd-drive>:i386ntoskrnl.ex_ <hd-drive>:Windowssystem32ntoskrnl.exe
Multi-Processor systems:expand <cd-drive>:i386ntkrnlmp.ex_ <hd-drive>:Windowssystem32ntoskrnl.exe
*Put the cd drive in use in the < cd-drive >; put the hard drive where the windows is installed at <hd-drive>
6. If you are asked to overwrite, just choose yes
7. Type exit then press enter