N/APosted on - 05/23/2011
I have my own Laptop in which I use Windows XP operating system. But unfortunately I have no Antivirus program to setup in my Laptop. So I am getting a Message that says that "Your PC might have at risk". Now how can I get rid of this message? And moreover I want to know how can I find a good antivirus for my PC. But there is a problem as I have no credit card and no Bank account of my own and I am a student so I have not enough cash for a Antivirus.
This is the main problem, so I can't figure it out how can I make my PC secure. I need a good antivirus which I can use for free. Can any one help me out of this problem? Please give some links where I can find some free antivirus which can be used for long term. Its very urgent. Please give me answer as quick as possible.
How can I find some Good Antivirus free??
Having a good antivirus is indeed very important. There are thousands upon thousands of different kinds of malicious software out there. One bad virus can steal your personal and financial information or make your machine stop functioning. Luckily nowadays some antivirus software are available for free!
1. AVG Anti-Virus Free has an antivirus, anti spyware, link scanner, email scanner, scheduled scanning, automatic updates, and more, making it the best antivirus software available today.
2. Avast! Free Antivirus has protection from viruses and other malware with real-time protection of files, email, internet, p2p transfers, instant messengers, heuristic scanning and monitors any suspicious behavior with regular updates of malware definitions.
3. Microsoft Security Essentials has real-time protection from viruses, spyware and other malware. It has an easy to understand interface and receives regular updates.
4. Comodo Antivirus has protection from viruses, spyware, rootkits and other malware. Able to scan emails, Instant messages, games and more. Has the Defense+ technology which checks everything is a potential threat as well as regular updates.
5. Avira AntiVir Personal has protection from viruses and a wide range of other malware, including, but not limited to, adware, spyware, back-doors, dialers, phishing software, and more. It has an advanced heuristic scanning and regular updates as well.
6. Panda Cloud Antivirus has protection against viruses, spyware, worms, rootkits, Trojans, adware, and more. It has URL and Web filtering as well as regular updates.
7. Immunet Protect FREE has protection against bots, worms, viruses, Trojans, keyloggers, and spyware. It is also a cloud-based antivirus like Panda. It has a free technical support over the phone and can be installed along with AVG, Avast!, and Microsoft Essentials.
8. Digital Defender Antivirus has protection against viruses, spyware and other malware. It’s very lightweight, has an easy to understand interface and incremental updates.
9. PC Tools AntiVirus and Internet Security has protection against viruses, spyware, adware and other malware. It can be installed along with Kaspersky, McAfee, Trend Micro, and others wherein they have recorded it to provide 243%, 217%, 171% more protection respectively. It has Sensitivity level adjust, scan scheduler, list manager, etc with regular updates.